TD Ameritrade is our primary custodian. They hold almost all of our client investment accounts. On Monday, they announced a deal with Charles Schwab.
Video: Schwab Acquires TD Ameritrade
Here are some highlights:
- The deal is reported to be $26 Billion and is an all stock acquisition.
- This will be the largest custodian for independent registered investment advisors. The combined company will hold over $5 Trillion of client assets.
- When we created our own firm in 2016, we considered TD Ameritrade, Charles Schwab and Fidelity. We felt TD was a better fit for us and for our clients.
- We hope the merger will combine the best parts of Schwab with what we like about TD Ameritrade.
- We don’t anticipate this to disrupt our clients.